Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Utah Region AutoX

Go down 
+3
Neo_Drift
mikerbike
S13_Kouki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 am

2009 Solo Schedule (3-6-09)
(event chairs in red)

March 14th & 15th Miller Motorsports Park (West Paddock) Brandon Davis & Thom Hardy

April 4th Concrete Patch party in Wendover

April 5th (Sunday) Utah State Fairpark George & George Curtis

April 24th, 25th & 26th Pro Solo -Wendover Historic Airfield Ryan Johnson

May 9th (Saturday) Miller Motorsports Park (West Paddock) Bridgette Olsen

May 24 (Sunday) E Center Brandon Davis

June 13th & 14th Wendover Historic Airfield

June 20th (Saturday) Miller Motorsports Park (Midway)

July 5th (Sunday) E Center

July 26th (Sunday) Miller Motorsports Park (West Paddock)

August 16th (Sunday) E Center

September 7th (Monday) E Center

September 26th&27th (Octoberfast) This date has not been confirmed!

October 11th (Sunday) Miller Motorsports Park West Paddock

October 24th & 25th (Season Finale) Miller Motorsports Park
Saturday- Midway, Sunday- West Paddock

~All dates are point’s events
~Please note schedule is subject to change without notice, check schedule in the days prior to the event, on line registration will be up for all events.
~Due to site safety & proper safety licenses some events may not allow Karts and or Junior Karts
2009 Per day fees will be as follows:

Member with pre registration discount $30.00
Member 2 day with pre registration $50.00
Member with on site registration $40.00
Junior Members $15.00 day (no 2 day discount)
Participate with SCCA Weekend Membership $50.00 1st day $30.00 second day (same weekend)
(you must be an SCCA Member to participate)

~ We highly encourage all attendees to pre register; there is a no obligation option to pay on site after pre registering. This helps greatly in the on time starting/running of the events.

~ Based on the current schedule & procedures you will need 10 Events to qualify for a trophy with your best 15 events counting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
mikerbike

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Autocross is an amazing way to learn about how your car drives, more so than drifting even IMO. I hoped more drifters will utilize this motorsport to hone their skills and learn their cars better.
Back to top Go down
Neo_Drift

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 pm

I'll probably get my car out to a few autoX events if i can get it to pass their inspection stuff. Pretty much i'd need the same things i'd need for the DE events. (windshield or screen, roof support or roll bar)
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:12 pm

mikerbike wrote:
Autocross is an amazing way to learn about how your car drives, more so than drifting even IMO. I hoped more drifters will utilize this motorsport to hone their skills and learn their cars better.

i'm taking your advice!! I'm going to try and do some SCCA events this year.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 pm

i did auto x for a few years and it teaches you a lot about car balance, control and the ability to look beyond your hood.

i want to start going again this year.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Here is a clip of the AutoX event on Sunday, March 15th. This was my first event in about 3 years with a new car and without power steering so it was definitely a learning experience.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54190212
Back to top Go down
Stang2.3

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:27 pm

So to do these events do we need to Become SCCA Members from their Websites?
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:57 pm

You dont have to become a member of SCCA, but the events will cost more. I think if you plan on attending 5 or more SCCA events then the membership pays for itself. Otherwise its not really worth it.
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:56 am

Actually I think I remember last season they made it so you do have to be a member, but you can get a temporary membership the day of the event for free or $5 or something, and it's good for a month or something like that. I can't remember exactly, I think I remember it sort of does force you to buy a membership eventually though because you cannot use the temporary one forever.

But yeah, autocross first and learn to go fast first then go drifting later. Just knowing how to drive a car at the limits prepares you much better to actually drive beyond the limit when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Stang2.3

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 pm

i'm only gonna be able to go to two AutoX events here before i move. and arizona is in another Region so maybe i should just hold off on becoming a member til then.

And I'm Definatly going!
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Thats a good idea, I will be going to the May 9th (Saturday) Miller Motorsports Park (West Paddock) next. When are you moving down to AZ?
Back to top Go down
Stang2.3

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 pm

i'm leaving May 22nd. so i'm planning on the May 9th AutoX as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Utah Region AutoX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utah Region AutoX   Utah Region AutoX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Utah Region AutoX
Page 1 of 1