Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Midnight 5/16 course

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Midnight 5/16 course Empty
PostSubject: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:28 am

Here are the course lay outs for 5/16.

We cannot pit on the track anymore we just cant risk the saftey of anyone so please dont ask.

Course 1 will have a figure 8 And doughnut ring for the beginners and will be runing from 9-11.

You will be starting a little further back so you can get some speed for the first turn.

The red is where you will slow down and exit the track, also remember the pit speed is 5 MPH.

Midnight 5/16 course 5-16practice1

Course 2 wil be for some more high speed action and will be runing from 11-1

Midnight 5/16 course 5-16practice2

We are also working on a competition couse it will be posted when it is finalized.
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 5:44 pm

the course looks great but we need to make up some waivers for the pits or something cause its foul to not be able to see how your fellow drifters and competition is doing and how they are running the course. honestly i know its my responsibility and my problem if someone crashes into my car or runs me over and its also my responsibility if i hit someone or their car. im sure everyone else feels the same way but watching others run is a big part of why most of us go. if we cant come to some kind of arrangement where we can watch others and drive then i think the attendance will fall.

also the first course will pretty much be one corner. nobody will have enough speed to use the first left if we are starting at the entrance and nobody will be able to do the bank.if people can pit on the east infield and stage at the east bank then i think it will make the course better and satisfy the safety since there is really no way to double back on yourself and still have enough to crash into the pits unless thats what you are trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:58 pm

If no one uses the figure 8 and the doughnut ring in the fist hour we will go to full course.But like I said we cannot pit on the track and there is just too much liability that falls on Ryan and myself before anyone else.

I dont want to be responsible for someone being hurt badly or killed do you?

We do have alot of inexperienced drivers on the track, but thats what this is for.

You can watch from the stands next to the pit and when competition is running it will be different you will be able to watch.

I also appreciate your feed back but I am resposible first for the saftey of everyone that attends these events, I will do everthing possible to keep it safe and fun.
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

PostSubject: Re: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:13 pm

I agree with Derek i wish people would just take responsibility for what happens but this isn't the 1950's and 60's of racing anymore. People might sue if something goes awry and honestly it could work if we pit on the outside of the course its nice to watch other drivers but not completely necessary. Although the thing with the figure 8's is somewhat nerve racking to me as well. The donut and figure are much closer to the course than the grid and instead of just having one car moving you have two or three moving vehicles. I'll live with it and you guys can keep it, but being worried about grid but not about those donut areas seems weird. Unless i missed something and to go to the donut course you send someone out by themselves and wait til they're finished.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:06 pm

The problem is that at the last event we had four close calls of people not in their cars almost being hit and all the ride along people standing around, Its just too many people on the track and to many cars in a small area, this will not change it is not entirly up to Drift Enterprise we do not own the track.

We are being watched very close by the RMR saftey staff and we must follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight 5/16 course   Midnight 5/16 course Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight 5/16 course
Page 1 of 1