Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

midnight 5-2 layout

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek

midnight 5-2 layout Empty
PostSubject: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:17 pm

hey um... that was a good layout for the test n tune but i think we should revert to the last course design from last year.

having the track cross back eats up our run time. if we can line up on the track then things go a lot faster and we get more runs.

also where we loop the painted triangle is kind of harsh. the transition from the flat to the wall hurts at the angle we have to hit it at if we want to drift around it.

ill be there no matter what but i think we came across a winning design that makes everyone happy with the old setup.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Do you mean this one?

midnight 5-2 layout Rmrtrack5208

We will not be pitting/ lining up in the oval this year due to saftey and ins.
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Derek wrote:
...having the track cross back eats up our run time. if we can line up on the track then things go a lot faster and we get more runs

This layout gives the driver more time on track because it crosses back, and after seeing how many people frequently overheated or ran out of tires last season...more track time is a good thing.

There has already been a large improvement over last season since we started staging outside the Oval Track such as higher entry speeds, and more aggressive driving. With those improvements said, why would we move back inside?
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
Derek

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 pm

ok. i understand the safety issues but what i mean by eats up our track time is that you can only have one car go at a time. last season we could have multiple cars out as long as they were spaced, now i know how rmr is being this year so i doubt that would be able to happen any time soon. im just worried about the long wait between runs so i would rather have 2 30 second runs just in and out as opposed as one 1 minute run not to mention that i get to try that corner i just bombed sooner. lines move faster, cars stay cooler and people in the stands get to see more drivers in the same time span and im all about exposure this year. i really like that layout and really dont like the slamming of my car into asphalt in the new one. but again this is just me talking and you guys know i will be there no matter what.

also none of the drivers get to watch now since we will all be on the other side of the wall. i loved watching people run so it sucks that cant happen now. oh well not the fault of you guys. thanks for the events!
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:21 pm

I think we should, get rid of or limit the clipping points that are between the bank and the level parts of the course. There is no way anyone can hold a drift when the suspension is upset like that. I know there are other tracks that are banked, maybe we can get the track layout from the intarweb. Also, I would like to see the other drivers drift the course while I'm waiting for my turn that way I can see what line they are taking how fast and so on. I'm not sure how we can do that but I think it should be done.
Back to top Go down
My3rdBaby

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 am

kram wrote:
I think we should, get rid of or limit the clipping points that are between the bank and the level parts of the course. There is no way anyone can hold a drift when the suspension is upset like that. I know there are other tracks that are banked, maybe we can get the track layout from the intarweb. Also, I would like to see the other drivers drift the course while I'm waiting for my turn that way I can see what line they are taking how fast and so on. I'm not sure how we can do that but I think it should be done.

^^agreed...
Back to top Go down
Derek

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 pm

kram wrote:

the south side is more than ok to go from infield to bank. its the northeast side that kills your car when going from infield to bank. heading west on the northside and going in and out of the infield is much smoother and the south side is butter either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: midnight 5-2 layout   midnight 5-2 layout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

midnight 5-2 layout
Page 1 of 1