Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RC Drifting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:14 pm

what up yall , I have no cash to drift full size but I do drift RC .

here are a few pics of my RX-8 widebody ,

RC Drifting _MG_2671

RC Drifting _MG_2657

RC Drifting _MG_2666

RC Drifting _MG_2654

RC Drifting _MG_2650

RC Drifting _MG_2638

Twisted Evil jocolor
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Wow that's a nice car too bad it's not real. pale
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Drift Enterprise   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:58 pm

Nice car. So do you work at South Valley Hobby Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
kram

kram

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:00 am

Matt wrote:
Wow that's a nice car too bad it's not real. pale

Hey be NICE!! Sorry SVBOB Matt isn't trained yet. Next time I see him I will hit in the nose with a rolled up newspaper. "BAD MATT BAAADD!!!"
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Ha ha ha , its all good , no I dont work at s.v.h.

I have worked at a few shops here in Utah , I started working at WVH years ago and now I work for RC Planet .

I wish alot of my rc's where full size or if I could shrink down to 1/10th scale would be cool too .

Twisted Evil jocolor
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:44 am

So how much is it to 'get into' an rc drift car? Do you guys throw rc drift events there?
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Hot Bodies has a couple new ones coming out that are sick , not sure cost on these yet .
Hpi offers the sprint 2 drift that we sell for 208$

I have about 650$ into this one / give or take a few$

Mike (WVH) and I started a forum and small gatherings last year , we have not hosted any comps yet I hope to this season . We have been just trying to get more people involved in it and have fun , Tuesday nights we just throw down some hose in the parking lot and drift , by the end of the season we would get about 7 to 12 drifters to show up . thanks to our rock crawling club and others that have seen it and got involved .

right now I have gone to couple drift events ( fullsize at miller ) but still not sure how to judge a event , I want to hook up with HPI and go to california and compete in an event so I can see how they are doing it so we can be accurate .

not much traffic on our drift / the cawling is huge though . here are our links to our forums ,

http://eight01rcd.freeforums.org/index.php drift

http://eight01rcc.freeforums.org/index.php crawler

Twisted Evil jocolor
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 pm

So where is RC Planet? Also. if you set up little cones for "clipping" points that would help in the judging.
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:27 pm

we are just off of bangerter highway and 21st .

we have some corner dots that we put down for the critical corners .
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:

SVBOB and some of his friends will be at MMP on Sat April 4th. Dorifto RC Style!! If you have an RC Car....BRING IT!!
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm

The weather dont look to good for tomorrow , we where all stoked to come out , I hope that it dont snow like it says it will .
Back to top Go down
NazT78

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:05 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I had a great time. They set us up it the big tent so we were out of the wind and kinda had our own area. I know that eveyone that came stopped by and checked out the R/C's for at least a few min. I even let a couple guys try my car "that is a lot harder than it looks" was the norm coment after a few laps. Bob even did some on-board camera runs. I hop they post them. My car felt real good, the new Slyder sys is incredibly smooth. I felt rusty but after a few packs my car was doin great. Towards the end of the day I had a blow out on one of my rear tires putting an end to my day of drifting (I was no were near finished either)

Some of the 1:1 guys were real good and looked like they were having a blast blowin up tires and really pushing their cars to the limit. I saw numerous cars drift till the wheels fell off. Really an awesome event!! Lil Bob did a ride along, once he was in the car he didn't get out for a good 15min they just kept sending him out on to the track again and again. Then the guy took him over to the pivoting corner and did figure 8's and cone pivots for a bit. When we finally got him out of the car he had a huge grin.

For all you that were scared of a little weather missed out on a great day of drifting and hanging out with friends.

We hope to do more events with Drift Enterprise in the future. Thanks for having us.
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 pm

NazT78 wrote:
..Some of the 1:1 guys were real good and looked like they were having a blast blowin up tires and really pushing their cars to the limit..

1:1 guy blows a tire and 10:1 blows a tire.....good times!!
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Hella good time , thank you all that let us come out , we had a blast and I know my son had fun when he told me it was better than lagoon , ha ha ha ..

thanks again and hope we will be doing more of these , next time we will try and have some score sheets made and try a judged event ..
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Is their video of the on car camera shots of the rc drifting ?
Back to top Go down
kram

kram

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:40 pm

on car camera on a RC? Let me ask around.....
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Cool thanks .
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:19 am

I think Yasha put his cam on one of the cars...or somebody with a go pro.
Back to top Go down
SVBOB

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:43 pm

sombody put one on my car but not sure who it was , oh well , thank you.

would be the first on car video here for us . I was going to send it to HPI .

They had a cool event on the 2nd , here is a link ,

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009022001/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RC Drifting Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Drifting   RC Drifting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC Drifting
Page 1 of 1