Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fair competition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo_Drift

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

I have been thinking a lot about the way the competitions have been being ran. I have a few points that I think should be addressed.
1. I think a history of who is racing who should be taken into account. I have competed against the same driver all 3 times, and I haven't gotten the chance to try against anyone else. I personally think that racing different drivers will help us learn a little better in ways that following the same guy over and over will do.
2. A thought out competition bracket. Taking into account the experience level of the drivers. It's no longer fun to compete when every single time you go out you are put against someone with far more experience than you. You go out there already thinking that you don't have a chance at winning and it affects your driving. As well it's unfair for someone of a few years to race against someone who has just started. I think that a bracket based on the experience of the driver is a better way to do things. This can take into account how often they win. If one of the lesser experienced drivers is winning quite a few of their tandem runs, then they move up a little in level and face off, again, against drivers on an equal level.
3. A double elimination bracket. Everyone knows it sucks to go out there and get beat out. Then what? In many sporting events they have the double elimination bracket. It also makes it easier with that to single out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th placing. as it comes down to a final for both ends of the bracket. It also helps even out the level between drivers. Those who may not have a chance in the winners bracket have a chance to run against others who seem to have more of an equal level. This will also help out to find who would match up better, as point 2 explains.

All in all, I am just asking for a little more equality in the way the competitions are run. It may sound like whining, but all my points are reasonable and things taken into account in most auto racing. The better cars are usually docked on some things or the lesser cars are usually given some way of helping them out. Even in the drag races on the other side of the bleachers, the slower car gets a small time to go before the other car.

Please take these points into account as it will make for fairer competition and funner competition.
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 pm

The only thing i have to say about what you've said is that normally in drifting competitions the pair up is the best qualifying driver vs the worst qualifying driver, and it goes in from there. This makes it so more than likely you have the final round being the better drivers going against eachother and the ones not so great get taken out, makes for a better show.

About the competitions here though, i don't even agree with having them. With all due respect of course so far they have been pretty boring and to me it seems that there are few drivers or proper cars to be competing at the level that de is trying to make it be. I have way more fun just watching the practice runs and everyone tandeming without any pressure. Plus the whole competition thing just reminds me of drag racers and how everything has to be competitive, this is drifting we do it to have fun and practice and just become better drivers overall. If i really want competition i go autocrossing, but drifting is just great fun to do.
Back to top Go down
mikerbike

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Honestly, I don't like the competitions near as much as just having a session.

However...

Drifting, at any level that will ever be taken seriously, takes skill AND a properly set up machine. Even in our small group of competitors, we have a decent range of cars with a decent range of competitiveness.

Besides, if we matched the beginners with the beginners with the beginners, intermediates with the intermediates, and the top drivers with the top drivers, the first place battle would most likely end up being between the best intermediate driver and the best top drivers of the night.

Futhermore, the main reason I enter the competitions is because then I can keep driving. I'm not gonna lie, it feels good to be better than someone else at something, but I just want to drive.

Furthermoremoremore, Ryan announced some different classes for next year, so maybe you can pick on the noobs, you jerk. Sad
Back to top Go down
Neo_Drift

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:51 pm

i had been taking into mind the whole thing that gigglesnirt said, and kind of rethought my stuff. Different classes are good, I just say, make sure we aren't against the same driver each competition next year. That is all. That can be mostly our doing however. just watching whoever lines up and getting in line elsewhere or something. I'm kind of over it, I need to do a few things to my car aside from everything else or else i won't be able to compete at a higher level anyway. so we'll see where i go next year. I may do another year at a lower level before i move up or what not. it's still to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Well next year you will be required to have a cage, race seat and min 4 point harness if you want to run in the competions, (mostly for insurance reasons) we were lucky to not have to require them this year, and we are going to line drivers up best against worst like Nick said.

This will allow for a much longer practice time for everyone that needs it or just wants to have fun, thats what most peoplep are coming for anyway and thats what these events are for.

Also drivers will need to sighn up if they are going to compete prior to each event.

And this should make the competions more exciting for you nick Smile
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
Sponsored content

Fair competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair competition   Fair competition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair competition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drift Enterprise Forum :: General :: Drifting Talk-
Jump to: