Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DE Tech Inspection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 am

The Drift Enterprise Tech Inspection form is now available online.

http://www.rmrracing.com/2008/download/DETechinspectionform.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:08 pm

My car comes stock with the battery in trunk, do i still need a kill switch?
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm

gigglesnirt wrote:
My car comes stock with the battery in trunk, do i still need a kill switch?

Well, if it comes stock in that location then its not relocated. Although, we do highly recommend it.
We will also require a roll cage for all verts for the 2009 season. study
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 am

Roll cage or 4 point rollbar? Cage would be weird if i am required to have one but noone else.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 am

We will also require a ROLL CAGE for ALL verts for the 2009 season. study So ALL verts that want to drift have a liittle over a year to throw a cage in.
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Thats a bit much when other cars are not required a cage, but i will probably have one by then anyway. Problem i see with it is new people that daily drive their convertible vehicles and cannot enter because they don't have a cage. A rollbar is normally what people required elsewhere but a full on 6 point cage seems like a lot.
Back to top Go down
Woon

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:11 pm

It may seem like we're singling out a particular group and it may seem a bit overkill but better safe than sorry, especially in a convertible top vehicle. Sure, there is an inherent risk of the roof collapsing on a hardtop in an extreme roll over situation but in a convertible, there is nothing to stop you from getting crushed.
We're out here for fun and being in a safer and legal location to race/drift gives a bit more peace of mind, but safety is the most important factor above all else.

Woon
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Now i know some kind of protection in the case of a rollover should be required especially in a soft top vehicle. But to require a full cage instead of a perfectly good, scca legal 4 point rollbar that sits behind the seats and can completely protect the driver in a rollover seems a little much.

Just going to post this up maybe im being misunderstood.

4 point rollbar, scca legal for pdx track days, all race tracks require this at the least for an open top vehicle.
DE Tech Inspection Clearview%20Side

full cage(what it seems like you say you will require), extreme overkill doorbars for a street car, only a full on series like spec miata or something of the like will ever require something like that.
DE Tech Inspection Miata_Spec1_SM
Back to top Go down
Apexi

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 pm

I like the part where you need atleast 3 lug nuts hahahaha, they know drifters all too well
Back to top Go down
Woon

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:31 pm

gigglesnirt wrote:
Now i know some kind of protection in the case of a rollover should be required especially in a soft top vehicle. But to require a full cage instead of a perfectly good, scca legal 4 point rollbar that sits behind the seats and can completely protect the driver in a rollover seems a little much.

Just going to post this up maybe im being misunderstood.

4 point rollbar, scca legal for pdx track days, all race tracks require this at the least for an open top vehicle.

full cage(what it seems like you say you will require), extreme overkill doorbars for a street car, only a full on series like spec miata or something of the like will ever require something like that.

No misunderstanding on the roll over protection.
The second pic of the weld-in Autopower roll cage with the optional nascar door bars is a bit extreme for a daily driver and is for the hardcore Spec Miata Series competitors, but there is another option of a bolt-in 6 point cage that Autopower offers which maybe more "conventional" (in terms of use) in a daily car but won't compromise the driver/passenger safety during competition. Kirk Racing also offers a 6 point Competition roll bar, that I believe, meets at least, the SCCA/HPDE requirements.

IIRC, SCCA Solo II doesn't require a roll bar or a cage, they just SUGGEST and highly RECOMMEND one be installed for protection. HPDE/PDX events DO REQUIRE, at minimum, a roll bar but it must meet the specifications they specify in the rule book in order to compete.
NASA Road Race events REQUIRE a full roll cage and the specs on that are just too much to get into, but at best, the cage must be AT MINIMUM 6 points.

Ryan and I have discussed the pro's and con's and having gone through much deliberation about this subject, we determined that it would be in the best interest of safety for the drivers/passengers of an open-top vehicle, that we require a roll cage be installed.

Woon
Back to top Go down
Woon

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Apexi wrote:
I like the part where you need atleast 3 lug nuts hahahaha, they know drifters all too well

Yes we do, but in fact, it's actually a state mandated regulation in terms of safety for ANY and ALL street driven vehicles. Ask any vehicle I/M & safety inspector about that. So if you have a 4 lug vehicle and you're missing 2 lug nuts, the risk percentage of a wheel stud breaking just doubled while driving on the street. In competition, the risk increases substantially because of the stresses put on the components of the vehicle. Smile

Woon
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Alright, honestly i still don't get it since basically every grassroots drifting organization requires only a 4 point rollbar at the most excluding tandems.

I also wanted to ask what is required for tandems. Are door bars going to be required as well just like any other series out there that has door to door racing on the track? It still surprises me that last year doorbars were not required to run tandem as that is basically unheard of in drifting altogether to not require such a thing for tandem.
Back to top Go down
Apexi

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 pm

You just want everyone to have to put a cage in their car to run tandem. Stop complaining. You're planning on putting a cage in your car anyways, this just gives you motivation to do it faster. You knew what you were getting into wanting to race a vert, so stop complaining and do what's necessary to race a vert.
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Im not complaing by any means im just curious about some things. Main question for me asking is not for myself as i've said already, but it seems like it could draw the number of people to events down. Im just interested in the doorbars thing because it might be a possibility they didn't mention it anywhere but the rule stands.
Back to top Go down
Woon

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Well in lieu of repeating myself and constantly going over the same questions, there are a multiple variations of 6 point cages. Even with the door bar you're still at 6 points of contact on the chassis (hence the term 6 point). Just because we don't specify a door bar in the roll cage requirement doesn't mean its not going to be mandated. We feel that all participants would be able to use common sense and make an informed decision in order to maximize their own safety and that of their passengers. If you feel that you don't have the ability to make a sound judgment for yourself then locate a cage builder for consultation, as they would be better informed on what it is that you are inquiring and will be able to locate or build what you may require. IF I had it my way (fortunately for you guys I didn't get my way) I'd just require EVERYONE (hardtops and soft tops)to install a 12 point cage along with all the various items required (i.e. fire suppression system in-cabin and under hood, non-expired fixed-back race bucket seat with a 6 point harness with arm straps, SA2005/M2005 full face helmets only, etc....) for Pro door-to-door racing (i.e. Speed World Challenge/JGTC/BTCC/D1GP etc...) in order to compete AT ALL. This being more of a grassroots oriented event and being well aware that not many of you are willing or able to spend that type of $$$ we opted to make it only a 6 point cage (weld-in preferred, bolt-in is acceptable).

Woon
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 am

jesus your way scares me as much as nopi, anyway thanks for the answers hope to meet you saturday, unless i have already and just dont realize who you are?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DE Tech Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Tech Inspection   DE Tech Inspection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Tech Inspection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drift Enterprise Forum :: General :: Drifting Talk-
Jump to: