Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
switch hit

switch hit

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Whats up,
I just came acroos this site don't know anything about DE events and rules. I am interested in running my car are there any regulations on what make and model vehicle that you drive domestic, import, AWD ect..??
Also you have to request a number? Do you do this March 22 when you register or request a number in advance??
Thanks, pirat
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Your car has to be as JDM as possible or you'll be kicked out.

But seriously Ryan will probably comment in here soon enough, but rules are just like any other legit grassroots drifting series out there. Car just has to pass a simple tech, has to be rear wheel drive (hopefully de goes by this rule this season) and thats about it. Im not sure what they're doing for numbers, i pm'd Matt about mine but maybe assigning them at the meeting works too. They only announced the numbers thing here and not driftutah so it seems many people don't even know about the numbers thing.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:45 am

switch hit wrote:
Whats up,
I just came acroos this site don't know anything about DE events and rules. I am interested in running my car are there any regulations on what make and model vehicle that you drive domestic, import, AWD ect..??
Also you have to request a number? Do you do this March 22 when you register or request a number in advance??
Thanks, pirat

Any Make/Model/Year, and RWD or AWD is welcome to participate. As far as numberes go, we have a thread up that says:

All MEMBERS will receive two magnetic numbers for the season and with the purchase of their Drift Enterprise membership. Please PM me with your name, desired number (two digits, i.e.- 07), make/model/year of drift car.

If you do not register your number via PM or posting on this thread, you WILL NOT receive your magnetic numbers for the season. Numbers are first come first serve, so get them while they’re hot! Thanks.

That being said, please PM Matt to register your number with your car. Numbers will also be taken at the DE Pre-Season Meeting on Saturday, March 22 at 1pm at Rocky Mountain Raceways Conference Center.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
gigglesnirt

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:52 am

Awd is allowed? thats pretty lame, not to mention dangerous as hell in competition.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 pm

The first drift event in the US had Rys Millen in his Rys Millen Racing Evo VII. We will be keeping the AWD drivetrain in the 2008 DE Season as of now. If you are not comfortable driving next to one, we will make proper accomodations.

Based off of last season's AWD performance, we do not need to exclude AWD vehicles at this point in time. However, you're concerns will be noted and taken into consideration for next season's regulations. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Here is some video of AWD cars drifting.

They can drift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCdVJZJ2Fuo&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvqRPkU7p_Y&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
switch hit

switch hit

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:54 pm

cool thanks, I would run a camaro. Not jdm at all pirat
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:02 am

Oh i never said they couldn't drift, being unsafe though, yeah it really is. there's a reason no other legit drift series or grassroots event organizers allow awd vehicles. Rhys Millen using his in the beginning was years ago before people hardly had a clue what they were doing in american drifting.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 am

Quote :
If you are not comfortable driving next to one, we will make proper accommodations. Based off of last season's AWD performance, we do not need to exclude AWD vehicles at this point in time. However, you're concerns will be noted and taken into consideration for next season's regulations. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Woon

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Hmmm...interestingly I don't see much of a difference in the danger posed by a drifting AWD car versus a RWD car when in the hands of an inexperienced driver. There is a common mis-conception that due to the need of having a faster entry speed it equals being more dangerous, but in fact it scrubs speed just as fast especially in a AWD car.
Besides, it's actually more difficult to drift and hold the slide in an AWD since it requires almost TWICE the HP and TQ to maintain a power slide versus an FR car even with the proper tires. Trust me on that, I've had my share of AWD beasts.
But as Ryan has stated previously, if you feel uncomfortable on track with an AWD car on track immediately before or after your run-through then proper accommodations/arrangements can be made.

Woon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1