Drift Enterprise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drift Enterprise Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Give us some feedback. . .

Go down 
+3
ariel_86
Neo_Drift
S13_Kouki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

Give us some feedback. . . Empty
PostSubject: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 am

We are looking for some constructive feedback on how to make this the best drift season in Utah. Please feel free to post up your ideas. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahdrift.com
Neo_Drift

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:52 am

my 2 bit comments are these.
we could make little cards or something, and every time we see a rwd vehicle, we put a card on their windshield. (cause i'm sure there are tons who don't know about it, and it'd be a way of getting it to the rwd croud. thus getting more people there.
my other thought, is to get some publicity. i'm sure that the news would love to get the scoop. thus getting us more popularity.
and i guess as well. to not do the same course layouts year after year, but change it up a little if possible.

really i think we just need to get a lot of people involved, and have fuhn doing it. (duh, i know)
We could go to other forums, and get their ideas for track layouts and ideas for comps, and stuff.

I don't know if any of this is valid or good suggestions period, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Neo_Drift wrote:
my 2 bit comments are these.
we could make little cards or something, and every time we see a rwd vehicle, we put a card on their windshield. (cause i'm sure there are tons who don't know about it, and it'd be a way of getting it to the rwd croud. thus getting more people there.
my other thought, is to get some publicity. i'm sure that the news would love to get the scoop. thus getting us more popularity.
and i guess as well. to not do the same course layouts year after year, but change it up a little if possible.

We started making those 'spotted cards' last week, and they will be distributed to all of our members as soon as they are complete.
As far as news coverage goes we are working on that one. Although if anyone knows someone...
The courses were changed at every event last year. We plan on doing the same this year.
Thanks for some input. Smile
Back to top Go down
ariel_86

ariel_86

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:36 am

My brother is a cameraman for KSL. he says to send out a press release far enough in advance to the news angencies, specifically to the Sports Desk. If they like it, or think it's interesting enough, there is a chance of it getting covered. I'm pretty sure the same type of thing would apply to the channel 2,4, and 13 news as well.
Back to top Go down
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:48 am

Alright, thanks for the information. Smile
Back to top Go down
Apexi

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:28 pm

the problem is there's only so many course layouts we can do because the transition off the banks is really difficult at rmr, also, if we make a somewhat difficult track everyones going to complain because they can't drift it. The track everyone says is boring is only boring because they go like 30 mph while doing it. Try it at 60 and it won't be boring. Just my thought, if you suck, don't complain because you can't drift the course, if you see other people drifting it it's obviously something your doing wrong and you should ask for help or practice on it more. Just a thought
Back to top Go down
gigglesnirt

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:59 am

I was hitting that turn as fast as i could, entering at about 65-70 most of the time, and yea i still say the layout is boring. It's fun for a little while but i don't think i can do an entire season of just that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:10 am

The course lay out will be different at every event but we might have to repeat one.
Back to top Go down
http://utahdrift.com
kaizen

kaizen

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 pm

I would think repeating is good for most to get repition and really learn drifting. That's what I picture would help me anyway (if I drifted or had a rwd car that could drift instead of my civic).

On a separate note, I was wondering how I could volunteer to help out at the events this year? I could do tech/safety inspection or man the cones, err...take care of the cones. You know what I mean. Smile Anyway, since I don't have a car that can drift, I just want to get involved somehow. Let me know.
chrishecht@hotmail.com
kaizen
Back to top Go down
http://www.hechtspeed.blogspot.com
S13_Kouki
Admin
S13_Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:28 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give us some feedback. . .   Give us some feedback. . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give us some feedback. . .
Page 1 of 1